TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY
Maria Jose Algarra, or MJ for short, is the founder of Clean This Beach Up, an environmental organization based in Miami, Florida. Maria and Lena discuss how MJ started a sustainability movement, finding your direction in life, 3 easy tips on how to become more sustainable, the importance of changing your negative beliefs to become more successful, and more. Clean this Beach Up, which has recently gone viral for #theglovechallenge. MJ asked her followers to snap a shot of gloves they saw discarded on the street and boy did people deliver. She has since received thousands of pictures of gloves, spreading awareness about this huge, new pollution issue. She hopes that by spreading awareness and educating the public about the plastic pollution crisis, she can help to stop the vicious cycle.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Why Maria moved to the US from Colombia
- Life moving with a green card vs without
- Starting Clean This Beach Up
- What to do when you don?t know what direction to take in your life
- How her passion for the environment started
- The goal of Clean This Beach Up
- The One Minute Takeover on Instagram
- The Glove Challenge
- The COVID-19 pollutants?
- Why glove waste is so detrimental to the environment?
- How #glovechallenge went viral
- The Huffington Post interview
- The effects of the lockdown on the planet
- How one person can make a change
- 3 small changes everyone can make to help fight the climate crisis?
- The biggest pollutants in the world?
- Why NYC is unique
- Maria?s favorite travel destination
- Maria?s passions
- Self-care routine during the quarantine
- The importance of breathing?
- The increased plastic use during the pandemic
- Where Maria hopes to see herself in 5 years from now
- The importance of changing your negative beliefs to be successful?
- The quirks of having an accent and speaking other languages
- Advice for someone who moved to another country or is starting over in a new place
- The talented photographer behind Clean This Beach Up?
All the Goodies From This Episode:
Get your non-toxic, vegan, sustainable skincare today! OSEA Malibu This post was proofread by Grammarly
Links From Today’s Episode:
O O Miami: https://www.facebook.com/oo.miami/
The Huff Post article: https://tinyurl.com/HuffingtonPostGloveChallenge
The Independent article: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/coronavirus-masks-gloves-oceans-pollution-waste-a9469471.html
The New Yorker article: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/05/18/the-glove-challenge
Clean This Beach Up:
The Glove Challenge: