Chickpea Coconut Curry with Sweet Potatoes
Can add in coconut prior or after blending, for a slight change in texture.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk (14oz)
- 1 can of chickpeas (15oz)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of avocado oil ( can sub oil of choice)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces, toss with 1 tbsp avocado oil, garlic power and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. Bake until crispy, approximately 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, in a medium pot heat one tbsp of avocado oil.
- Saut�e onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add in the drained chickpeas, rest of the spices and desiccated coconut, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the sauce with a hand held blender or food processor.
- Add in sweet potatoes and spinach, cooking for 2-3 minutes, until spinach is wilted.