When I met my guest on today’s show, Shawn, I have to be honest, I was having a bad few days. I wasn’t sure how this podcast was going to go, because I just wasn’t feeling like myself. I was pretty nervous logging on and didn’t know what to expect. The minute I connected with Shawn all of my worries evaporated into the thin air. He is ranked as the #1 motivational author and international keynote speaker and I got to experience his talents and gifts first hand.
Shawn is special and got me out of my head within minutes of us talking. It was an incredible conversation. Shawn has been an entrepreneur since the age of 10. He started off selling worms to fishermen. He has come a long way since then, as he is a 7-time author and the creator of "Extra Mile Day"...a day declared by 507 cities on 11/1/2020 recognizing extra mile volunteer heroes in local communities. Shawn walks the talk. He's built a million-dollar company, pedaled a bike 4,000 miles across the U.S. (twice), run a 100-mile race, and created adventures in 45+ countries including having walked across seven countries since 2014.
On today’s show we discuss how Shawn became a motivational speaker, the power of encouraging others, the battery charger of the human spirit, the gift of self-awareness, the repercussion of being out of balance, the 3 questions you must ask yourself every morning, some motivational words for non-native speakers, The Extra Mile Day and Shawn’s dream box.
Tune into today’s show to meet Shawn yourself.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Becoming an entrepreneur at 10 years old, selling baseball cards and worms.
- How did Shawn become a motivational speaker
- The battery charger of the human spirit
- The power of encouraging others
- The gift of self-awareness
- The repercussion of being out of balance
- The 3 morning questions you must ask yourself.
- What am I excited about doing today?
- Who can I serve today?
- What am I grateful for today?
- The attitude of gratitude
- Motivational words for non-native speakers
- The Extra Mile Day, the mayors recognize the heroes of their cities
- Interviewing over 200 people going the extra mile
- What motivated him to go on a 4000 mile bike ride across the US twice
- Walking across 7 countries
- The dream box: a wish for every day of the year, daily reminder to keep dreaming
- Favorite failure while walking across Portugal
Who Doesn't Love a Freebie?
All the Goodies From This Episode:
Links From Today's Episode:
Want to learn the 3 Steps to Thrive in Life and Business? Check out this episode with James Lam :