TUNE IN: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY
My guest on today’s episode is the extremely talented Dr. Yug Varma. He is a microbiologist and cofounder of the Phyla system.
He has a Ph.D. from Johns Hopkins University and is a postdoctoral scholar from UCSF. He is one of a handful of scientists and formulation chemists in the world that has the skillset and talent to innovate in the microbiome space.
On today’s episode we discuss how the microbiome affects the human body, the technology that Dr. Yug created to get rid of bad bacteria and protect the good bacteria in the human microbiome, what would life on earth look like without viruses, The effect of phages on healthy and acne-prone skin and the diet and the microbiome. Tune in to hear his amazing interview.
For Dr. Yug Varma’s skincare tips and updates on the skin microbiome, check out https://phylabiotics.com/
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- Dr. Yug’s life growing up in India
- Pursuing PhD at Johns Hopkins University
- Living and biking in San Francisco
- Studying the human microbiome
- How the microbiome affects the human body
- The technology Dr. Yug created to get rid of bad bacteria and protect the good bacteria in the human microbiome.
- What are bacteriophages
- What would life on earth look like without viruses
- How over sanitizing our environment can affect children’s immune system growing up
- The effect of phages on healthy and acne-prone skin
- The effect of phages on psoriasis and eczema
- Diet and the microbiome
- The average time it takes for a person to heal their acne
- How the microbiome affects women during menstruation
- About Dr. Yug’s fake accent
All the Goodies From This Episode:
Links From Today’s Episode:
Christ Painting mentioned by Dr. Yug: