Chloe' Skye is a freelance content strategist, copywriter, and avid traveler passionate about the intersection between culture and language. Her clients call her a Word Magician for the way she creates humorous, helpful, and human content for brands doing social good. She’s originally from New York but Chloe' has taught ESL in Israel and Czech Republic and now lives in Denmark. She now runs a successful freelance copywriting business online and is here to discuss the misconceptions about making money as a writer.
Her writing and creative work has been published in Pangyrus LitMag, Standart Mag, Hanging Loose, and more. She records her adventures on an expat travel and language blog called Chlohemian.
On today’s show, Chloe shares about the benefits of growing up in a diverse place such as Queens, NY, why she became an expat, her advice for starting a freelance copywriting business, her thoughts on the intersection of language and culture, the privilege of living abroad as an American, her advice for dealing with anxiety and how to gain your focus back. I am so excited for you to get to know Chloe, she’s such a delight. Without further ado, here she is.
In Today’s Episode We Discuss:
- The beautiful diversity of Queens, New York
- Becoming an expat and a word magician
- The misconceptions about making money as a writer
- Advice for starting a freelance copywriting business
- The intersection of language and culture
- thinking in a different grammar
- How to gain back your focus
- The importance of taking a mental health day
- Understanding your anxiety
- The bad reputation of Eastern Europe
All the Goodies From This Episode:
Links From Today's Episode:
Catch Up On Other Accented World Podcast Episodes: